Cheese Grotto Classico
The Classico is the original and largest cheese grotto capable of storing 8-10 pounds of cheese in the most ideal climate. This gorgeous bamboo box, with hinged door, uses materials selected for their resilience and durability to satisfy even the most discriminating cheese enthusiast or connoisseur. The Cheese Grotto can be used to age, ripen, and cure cheese!
From the design to materials used, everything about the Cheese Grotto is selected to maintain cheese integrity and flavor. Providing proper ventilation, temperature control, humidity, and light exposure can keep cheese fresh and ready to eat for weeks. Made with food safe, sustainable, non-toxic bamboo to resist mold and stains.
- For 7 to 10 days, you can store cheese in the Grotto under 70ºF on the counter or in a cellar, like the French do.
- For long-term storage of cheese, it is recommended to keep the Cheese Grotto at refrigeration temperatures (34ºF to 39º F, preferably 39ºF).
Beyond functionality, The Classico truly looks charming on your countertop or on a shelf in your refrigerator and will start many conversations that all end the same way ... sharing cheese with people you love.
- 12 inch deep x 7.5 inch wide x 8.5 inch tall
- Holds up to 10 lbs of cheese
- Select Bamboo or Black Resin shelves
- Two removable shelves
- Soapstone chalk
- 2 oz bottle of mineral oil
- Handcrafted clay brick for humidity control
- Vaulted ceiling for condensation control
- Antimicrobial floor
- Plexiglass front paneling for easy viewing
- Handmade in the USA
- Hand wash shelves with hot water and a splash of distilled white vinegar.
- Allow the shelves to air dry between uses.
- For maintenance of the bamboo shelves, a apply mineral oil monthly.
- Wood has the potential to harbor bacteria and pathogens if not cleaned properly and regularly.
- 1 week
Check out more work by Cheese Grotto.