Cheese Grotto Fresco
The Fresco is slightly smaller than The Classico and made from birch wood. Birch wood has been used in the process of storing cheeses since the time of cheese caves and burying cheese to keep it cool and protected. Lucky for you, all the benefits of proper cheese storage can be enjoyed from your own kitchen; no more maintaining a cheese cave on the side.
All cheese grottos can be kept in the refrigerator for long-term storage or on the countertop (like the Europeans do) for short term storage. Everything, from the design to materials used, is selected to maintain cheese integrity and flavor; providing proper ventilation, temperature control, humidity, and light exposure can keep cheese fresh and ready to eat for weeks.
Beyond functionality, The Fresco truly looks charmingly functional on your countertop or on a shelf in your refrigerator and will start many conversations that all end the same way...sharing cheese with people you love.
- 9 inches deep x 7 inch diameter x 8 inch tall
- Holds 3 to 4 pounds of cheese
- Made with food safe, sustainable, non-toxic birch wood
- Resistant to mold and stains
- Two removable shelves
- Soapstone chalk
- Handcrafted clay brick for humidity control
- Vaulted ceiling for condensation control
- Antimicrobial floor
- Genuine leather tab with copper mount
- Plexi-glass front paneling for easy viewing
- Sliding door is easy to open and close in the refrigerator
- For 7 to 10 days, you can store cheese in the Grotto under 70ºF on the counter or in a cellar, like the French do.
- For long-term storage of cheese, it is recommended to keep the Cheese Grotto at refrigeration temperatures (34ºF to 39º F, preferably 39ºF).
- Made in the USA
- Hand wash bamboo shelves with extremely hot water and a splash of distilled white vinegar.
- Allow the Grotto shelves to air dry between uses.
- For maintenance of the bamboo shelves, a monthly application of mineral oil is recommended.
- Wood has the potential to harbor bacteria and pathogens if not cleaned properly and regularly.
- 3 weeks
Check out more work by Cheese Grotto.