Cheese Grotto Fresco
The Fresco is slightly smaller than The Classico and made from birch wood. Birch wood has been used in the process of storing cheeses since the time of cheese caves and burying cheese to keep it cool and protected. Lucky for you, all the benefits of proper cheese storage can be enjoyed from your own kitchen ... no more maintaining a cheese cave on the side. Made with food safe, sustainable, non-toxic birch wood to resist mold and stains.
From the design to materials used, everything about the Cheese Grotto is selected to maintain cheese integrity and flavor. Providing proper ventilation, temperature control, humidity, and light exposure can keep cheese fresh and ready to eat for weeks.
- For 7 to 10 days, you can store cheese in the Grotto under 70ºF on the counter or in a cellar, like the French do.
- For long-term storage of cheese, it is recommended to keep the Cheese Grotto at refrigeration temperatures (34ºF to 39º F, preferably 39ºF).
Beyond functionality, The Fresco truly looks charming on your countertop or on a shelf in your refrigerator and will start many conversations that all end the same way ... sharing cheese with people you love.
- 9 inches deep x 7 inch wide x 8 inch tall
- Holds 3 to 4 pounds of cheese
- Two removable shelves
- Soapstone chalk
- Handcrafted clay brick for humidity control
- Vaulted ceiling for condensation control
- Antimicrobial floor
- Genuine leather tab with copper mount
- Plexiglass front paneling for easy viewing
- Sliding door to open and close in the refrigerator
- Made in the USA
- Hand wash shelves with hot water and a splash of distilled white vinegar.
- Allow the shelves to air dry between uses.
- For maintenance of the shelves, apply mineral oil monthly.
- Wood has the potential to harbor bacteria and pathogens if not cleaned properly and regularly.
- 1 week
Check out more work by Cheese Grotto.