Cheese Grotto Mezzo
Slightly smaller than both The Classico and The Fresco, The Mezzo has just one removable shelf and fits easily in your refrigerator. Weighing only 4 pounds makes it easy to move from fridge to table; it’s truly an ideal way to store, display and serve cheese all in one.
From the design to materials used, everything about the Cheese Grotto is selected to maintain cheese integrity and flavor. Providing proper ventilation, temperature control, humidity, and light exposure can keep cheese fresh and ready to eat for weeks. Made with food safe, sustainable, non-toxic birch wood so it is resistant to mold and stains.
- For 7 to 10 days, you can store cheese in the Grotto under 70ºF on the counter or in a cellar, like the French do.
- For long-term storage of cheese, it is recommended to keep the Cheese Grotto at refrigeration temperatures (34ºF to 39º F, preferably 39ºF).
Beyond functionality, The Mezzo truly looks charming on your countertop or on a shelf in your refrigerator and will start many conversations that all end the same way ... sharing cheese with people you love!
- 9 inch deep x 7 inch wide x 6 inch tall
- Holds 2 pounds of cheese
- Bamboo shelf
- Soapstone chalk
- Clay brick for humidity control
- Vaulted ceiling for condensation control
- Antimicrobial floor
- Genuine leather tab with copper mount
- Plexiglass front paneling for easy viewing
- Sliding door to open and close in the refrigerator
- Made in the USA
- Hand wash shelf with extremely hot water and a splash of distilled white vinegar.
- Allow the shelf to air dry between uses.
- Recommend applying mineral oil monthly to the shelf.
- Wood has the potential to harbor bacteria and pathogens if not cleaned properly and regularly.
- 1 week
Check out more work by Cheese Grotto.